Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Father-In-Law's Recollections

George's (my father-in-law) recollections included:

His father, Emil Kolbe, was born in Schoenwalde, Germany and came to the United States (Detroit, Michigan) in 1890 with his whole family. He became a pharmacist and owned his own drugstore in Detroit where he and his wife, Lillian Landrie, raised their 5 sons: William, Carl, George, Joseph, and Victor. A few years before Emil died, he was shot during a robbery of his drugstore.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any information from George about his grandparents or aunts and uncles. He also mentioned something about, "that area of Germany being Poland now" but I didn't think it was relevant, so I didn't explore that very important detail which would have saved me a lot of time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment