Sunday, March 21, 2010

Emil Kolbe's Shooting Part 3 - The Newspaper Article!


THE ARTICLE!

Lisa Louise Cooke read my blog and graciously emailed me the full article!

THANK YOU LISA!

Reading the article, I noted details that were amazingly close to the story Uncle Carl had relayed: Emil was alone in the store and he opened his mouth to call for help when he was shot through his cheek. Wow - think of the split-second timing that kept that bullet away from his teeth, tongue or even other vital organs. I wonder if the bullet was ever found.

The fact that three shots were fired into the crowd that pursued the criminals was a new detail. I hope no one was injured.

I'll send a copy of this article to the Detroit Police when requesting a copy of the police report. Hopefully one exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment